On March 13, 2015, a multitude of Highlands Elementary classrooms, Kindergarten through 5th grade, participated in Digital Learning Day.
Below are a few student activities and descriptions of how technology was utilized:
- Classroom computers and netbooks used as Reading and Mathematics centers
- Using the SmartBoard as a technology center
- Utilizing the SmartBoard to interact with a digital Venn Diagram to compare and contrast George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
- Tracking individual and classroom behavior
- Viewing a video about energy using Discovery Education
- Practicing sight words with a PowerPoint presentation
- Creating equations based on pictures from an academic game in SMART Notebook.
- Learning about pronouns through the utilization of SMART products.
- Using Mega Math on the SmartBoard to practice greater than, less than, and equal to
- Using a Unit DVD program to preview vocabulary, read a story, and then have the students design and create their own stories as well
o Moby Max
o Accelerated Reader
o Think Central
- Using Smart Responders to assess and receive instant feedback
- Exploring geometric shapes utilizing the SmartBoard
- Using Safari Montage to enhance Social Studies lessons
These are just a few examples of how we utilize technology here at Highlands to engage our students and enhance their education. Through meaningful integration of technology, we can continue to create an environment conducive to fostering an, “Education which inspires all to their highest potential.”